Saturday, May 10, 2008

Close to Perfect

I noticed you watch me sleep,
All cuddled up last night...
I heard you whisper in my ear,
But you didnt see me smile
cos i was turned the other way..
and then felt you hold me tight...
You pulled me near...
Cos you knew i was cold
I loved the way you slipped your hand around
and fitted it perfectly with mine...
You tousled my hair...
I found the opportunity I was looking for...
I shifted in my sleep and turned to face you
You were lying down right beside me...
it was perfect...
just the right distance...
T'was None
Even though your lips didnt touch mine
and my eyes were closed...
i could feel them...
And like the story my mom once read me,
You kissed your princess
and woke her from her deep slumber...
And as our eyes met,
We both knew...
No moment could get an more perfect
Than this...


Those next few minutes,
till we finally held each other and slept,
those minutes will last a lifetime...

No comments: